Skip to content

How can we improve Watches?

13 results found

1. Add a lap time when pressing Stop

It will be great if the watch auto add a lap time when I press stop. I use it for interval training for multiple athletes. They do a 400m sprint, then rest approx 30sec, then do next sprint interval etc. If I use lap + stop then I have a 1-2 sec extra on the next interval when I start watch again. If I just use laps for interval and rest, then I have extra laps for the rest times.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Easier way to switch between current races.

Hi Hugh,
    I'm wondering if you could make an easier way to switch between current races. Sometimes at cross country meets they start the junior high boys and girls about 2 minutes apart. Eventually the faster runners from the second group start passing the slower runners from the first group, and I have to switch back and forth between the two to record their splits. It would be great to switch between races in one step rather than 3. Sometimes I need to switch back and forth very quickly. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Coach John

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Done. Just slide the name of the race (at the top of the watches left or right to go between the most recent races. So, start Race A, then start Race B. Now slide the words “Race B” at the top of the page to the right, and Race A will appear. Slide to the left and Race B will appear.

3. Subscribe to Betas

If you'd like to try the next version of Watches and provide feedback on whether it works well for you, please subscribe to this "idea".

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "Anonymous" stop/lap times

I like this stopwatch apps, some more it free. But don't mind if I suggest another option for this type of multi stopwatch.

I work as a physical tester, one of the stations are running, there will be a lot of participants(about 40) running at the same time. So it will be difficult for me to search and press stop, as there will be participants coming at the split seconds. Hence it will be better if you make it to split time. Therefore I can just press split and write down their positions.

I hope you get what I mean.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. History

I'm looking for a replacement for Lordtechy's Sport Stop watch, which is no longer available on the app store. The main feature i need is a history file that allows me to search on name and event (eg "Sarah 2000m"), so I can give kids an idea of their progress over months and years.

Or, a way to transfer the old app from old phone to my new phone. The restore process of the new phone looks for the app on the app stire, but can't find it. It still works on my old phone.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So, yes, Watches tracks every user individual and groups the results by Event type, so you can see the progress, both in table form and now Graphs.

Obviously, I can’t help you with getting the other app over to a new phone. However, if there is any export capability from that app, I’ll see if I can import the data into Watches for you.

6. More staggered start intervals

I would like to see a few more options for staggered start. We frequently use both 3 and 4 minutes between each start. (Not in the same race though)

Great app!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Location of event start finish button

I have been using this application and love the ability to immediately post results. However, having big hands, my constant problem is hitting the event start stop rather the. The stop for the top listed athlete.

Could I suggest either two finger stop or moving the start stop to a different location where this is not an issue.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Start timing for groups or class

After starting watches for a group. I would like to add another group and have the option to start all the watches for the new group, with one button. You could have another button besides the arrow/pause button. It could start new or stopped watches

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Swimming splits

Is there a way a recording each split rather than a cumulative time? Eg if a swimmer was doing a 200m race, I'd like to record the time for each 50m (e.g. If they swam a 200 in 2 minutes I'd be looking to see if they were holding 30 seconds for each 50m) rather than 50m, 100m, 150m and 200m.

Many thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Time lags and set-off times

In swimming, swimmers are often set off at 5s intervals. It would be useful to automatically be able to start at 5s intervals.

Also, I often want my swimmers to set off at the same interval (e.g. 2m), but also want to record how fast they do their swim, e.g. They swim in 1m42, then get 18s rest.. It would be nice not to have to do too. Much maths in my head..

AND..is there a way to arrange watches into groups visually. E.g. I coach 2 swim lanes, each swimming different times, it would be nice to view both…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So I hope you like the Staggered Start in Version 2.0. ( Note that I forgot to mention that by picking an appropriate face, you could create two, three or four columns, and then manually put each person in the appropriate column.)

11. Drop down menu for names

When you are in watches it would be nice to have a drop down menu of name from your people list to chose from for each race.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Let us make own race types

I use this app for dog agility and would like to have the race types agility and jump. But I realise that the list will be very long if all small sports shall be listed. So i wish to edit the list of race types.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If I’m understanding correctly, then Watches already has the ability to edit the race types. Just go to Settings>Edit Activity List. You can create new types or delete the existing ones.

(Note I recently found a bug in the current version: if a race of the existing type already exists, you’ll get a confirmation request, but if you proceed and there’s more than one, it will crash.)

13. Larger lap, start, and stop buttons

Hi,

I use watches for track coaching. Having tried ALL of the interval stopwatches on the App Store, this one is the best! Nicely done.

On an iPad mini, the buttons for stopping and starting and lap counting are customizable, but even at their largest they are very small. With 4 active watches for a relay, over 50% of my screen is still not in use. I would pay $20 for this app to have larger buttons because everything else it does is ideal. :)

Thank you
    Bob

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)