How can we improve Watches?

1. Longest time wins

I know generally this is for races where quickest time would win.
    But I’d also like to use this in training to record fitness levels. E.g. who can skip for the longest time.
    It would be great to have an option of saying wether the quickest time wins (would count to PB) or the longest time wins.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PBs in Race Report

Hi Hugh, would it be possible in the final race report to show each runner's race time and their PB for the same type of race i.e. 5Km. I know the data will be available under each runner's details/history but having it all in one place would be very useful.
    thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Web link

Hi
    Is there an option for competitors to view their results on a web page? Ie publish their results ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create races by tapping on athletes inside people tab

As a coach, it would be more natural in many cases to be able to open up the people tab and two a "create new race" button. I could then simply scroll through my athletes and tap each person that should be in the race. Alternatively, there could be a selection tool in the people tab that allows me to select multiple people. Once selected, a variety of functions would become available to do so,thing with the selected people. The function I'd like to see most would be "create new race from selected athletes". There could also be functions like…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Subscribe to Betas

If you'd like to try the next version of Watches and provide feedback on whether it works well for you, please subscribe to this "idea".

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sharing for people with other coaches (Deling af personer med andre trænere)

Hi
    In the next update, could it be possible to share personal data with other coaches so that they can have access to the same database.
    Can you get the opportunity to import / download times from another device?
    (Forgive my google-assisted translation)

Original Version:
    Hej.
    Kan der i den næste opdatering komme en mulighed for at dele sin persondatabase med andre trænere, således at de kan benytte sig af den samme database.
    Kan man få mulighed for at importer/downloade tider fra en anden enhed?
    Med venlig hilsen
    Bo

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Splits on Reports

It would be great to have the option of including the splits on the reports

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Maybe I’m not understanding, but you can do just that now. The reports’ settings are separate from the Watches’, but you should be able to set the report to split, cumulative, or both.
    Menu>Settings>Report Settings>Lap Display>Splits

8. Easier way to switch between current races.

Hi Hugh,
    I'm wondering if you could make an easier way to switch between current races. Sometimes at cross country meets they start the junior high boys and girls about 2 minutes apart. Eventually the faster runners from the second group start passing the slower runners from the first group, and I have to switch back and forth between the two to record their splits. It would be great to switch between races in one step rather than 3. Sometimes I need to switch back and forth very quickly. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Coach John

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. Folks have suggested similar ideas, but I haven’t been able to figure out how to implement it in a way that would fit.

The phrase “I need to switch back and forth very quickly” somehow triggered some new thoughts, and I spent a day mocking up about five different scenarios. I finally decided on one i really like and will be finishing it shortly.

Would you like to try the beta version?

9. Separate out a runner from a group during a race

Hi Hugh - another one:
    I have a group of athletes running in one race, interval (all lap) setting. One runner can’t follow any more and change to a slower program. I still would like to use the all start function….Would be ideal if I could take the slower runner out of this race in to his own without loosing his history.
    Maybe by dragging the stopwatch into a corner... don't know.

Best,
    Stephan

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. All lap

Add “All lap”
    Scenario: several athletes in a interval training. They start the same time, you “lap” individually then all start again at the same time (all lap), then you “lap” individually, start again “all lap”

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Swipe from group to group

Hi Hugh, this is my favourate stopwatch thanks.
    Coming back to what I proposed under „all lap“, an additional feature could be that it is possible to switch from the stopwatches of one group to the stopwatches of another group by swiping horizontally and stop/lap separately.
    This adds minimal complexity to the user...no idea what it means for programming.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Preloaded races and runners?

Nice app! Either I'm having trouble learning this app or it's missing a feature for me. I would really like to be able to have all of my runners loaded into their races and then just switch between races. Let's say once the 1600 is done I change the race type to 400 and all of my runner's watches are loaded and ready to start. Track meets move too fast for me to go to a group, tap add all watches, tap new race, and change race type.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

So, the “race type” is just an attribute of a race, not a way to create a new race.

Instead, to get ready, you would go to the Group of runners, and hit “New Watches for this team”. Then specify “New Race” instead of “Add Watches”. This will create a separate race with that group. Set the race type and/or name, then do those steps again for the second race, etc.

Then day of race, just go to the History tab, select the first race, tap on the title, and hit “Make Current Race”. After the race, do the same for the second.

You can switch between races with “Make Current Race” as often as you wish. In fact, you can even track two (presumably long) races at once, as running watches will continue when the race isn’t “current”.

FYI, I’ve implemented something to make this easier. Would you…

13. Could really use a cumulative team time

I would love to have the function to calculate the total time and average time of all runners. I coach team sports and focus on team improvement. I've been searching for months and cannot find an app to allow me to do that and get instant feedback of a team time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi, thanks for this great timing app!

For road cycling time trials it would be useful to be able to add time between categories. For example, all cat 1/2 ladies start on 1 min stagger but when categories switch over to cat 1/2 men there is typically a gap left (anywhere from 2 mins to 10 mins)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Voice recognition?

Long race like 10,000 m - with many athletes on the track. Lap counting. I want to keep my eyes on the track and also hit lap splits. They all have hip numbers. Please add voice recognition. If I say "ten" into the phone then competitor number 10 just went by. Can you add voice recognition? Would be very effective to keep count of laps.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea. I’ve tried some experiments. Initial thoughts: constant voice recognition is not allowed, so it has to be with a button press. There’s also the problem that voice recognition is not 100% reliable, and asking for immediate feedback kind of defeats the purpose.

What I’m thinking is to maybe tie it to the volume buttons. As now, press up for a lap, and down for a stop. But if you hold it down, then it will listen for a name or number. Then if it recognizes it, great; otherwise it remembers the voice and when reviewing the unassigned laps later, you can play back your own voice to help you assign it.

Does that sound useful

16. ErikSerge

Would it be possible to have two phones with this app share " a match/ training session/ event?
    That way you might have one watch start the event and another finish it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Auto stop when another starts

It would be nice to set an option per race to automatically stop the current running watch whenever a separate watch is started. Take a relay for example. Runner A's time starts and runner B's time starts the moment the relay stick is passed. It would make it easier to just click start for runner B and automatically end runner A's time, versus starting B and then stopping A. B's start time should be A's end time.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Info

I read that there are many languages, where i can found Italian ?
    Thx

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry; one of the libraries I use has many translations, so somehow this automatically marks it with all the languages that it covers. My apologies, but English is the only language currently.

19. Best lap times

Have the best lap times on the timing page and also have the availability to sort the report on best times

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add HS track events to the list of races. This would include events with multiple runners who run only portions of the race (relays).

Examples:
    Distance Medley Relay, 4 runners, 1200m x 400m x 800m x 1600m.
    Sprint Medley Relay, 100m x 100m x 200m x 400m.
    4x100, 4x200, 4x400, 4x800, etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

So, adding the type of race to the list is easy; you can do it yourself in Settings, but that would just allow you to mark the type.

I’ve thought about relays and I’m not sure how to connect multiple watches appropriately (from the user interface point of view). Any suggestions

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

How can we improve Watches?

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base